One Umlauf Bridle:
One Umlauf Bridle arranged behind the slitting unit pulls the strip through the circular knives.
Two Umlauf Bridles:
A second Umlauf Bridle serves as a braking unit ahead of the recoiler.
Perfect cut edges:
- The strip is fed to the shears with an accuracy of + / - 1 mm.
- Due to the high strip back-tension, the circular knives operate at optimal speeds.
- The best cutting quality is achieved when the strip to be cut is under tension.
- Only the Umlauf Bridle technology provides the possibility of leveling all strips of slit coils at the same time.
- All the strips of a slit coil are leveled with the same specific back-tension, i.e. shorter strips will be stretched.
- Thanks to the unique way of applying back-tension to the strip, leveling with Umlauf Bridles is as if each strip of a slit coil was running separately through a leveler.
- Each strip of a slit coil is subjected to the same specific back-tension.
- The elastic coating of the chain cars compensates the differences in speed between the individual strips.
- Every strip is wound into straight-edged slit-strip coils of the same specific tightness.
Minimal non-productive times:
- Easy and quick threading
- No changing of felt
- Long intervals between replacement of the crawler tracks’ elastic coating
- Up to ten times longer service life of the slitting knives